Lex-Ham Community Arts has been building community through the participation of many individuals and organizations in high-quality theater and music focused on traditional classics, undiscovered treasures and locally-created work.
Lex-Ham Community Arts began doing programming in the early 1990s as a program of the Lexington-Hamline Community County. It became its own 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in 2003.
Since its early days, Lex-Ham Community Arts has worked with area residents and organizations to provide opportunities to deepen a sense of community in the area through the arts. A few examples include:
- Operating the Lex-Ham Community Band that performs at area senior homes, neighborhood festivals, and a free December holiday concert;
- Hosting annually the BandWidth Music Festival that showcases some of the top community bands in Minnesota;
- Hosting informal events where people can come and read a play or do Improv activities;
- Working jointly with St Paul Community Education to offer acting classes to the public; and
- Staging theatrical production through the Lex-Ham Community Theater at venues in the community.
Lex-Ham Community Arts can not do all this work alone. Here are a few of our community partners: